If your school uses Jamf, here are some step-by-step instructions as well as an instructional video to help you get started using Jamf and Explain Everything together. All you need is to have the Jamf Teacher app installed on the teacher’s device and the Jamf Student app installed on the students’ devices, and follow the simple steps below.
Teacher-initiated scenario: teaching a remote class
- Start a remote meeting on Zoom and copy the link to it.
- Open the Jamf teacher app and select the class and lesson you'd like to do with your students.
- Tap remote class, and then paste the link to the Zoom meeting and tap Start.
- The student gets an invitation to the remote lesson on their Jamf app and taps it to join the Zoom meeting.
- It's time to add Explain Everything, so open your Explain Everything app.
- Tap Share and Broadcast to broadcast the contents of your Explain Everything canvas to your students!
Student-initiated scenario: student requests help
- As a student, open your Jamf app and then Raise Hand.
- Select the teacher you'd like to ask for help.
- The teacher receives a notification and taps it.
- Now, the teacher can decide how to respond to your request — either via email or via instant messaging.
- The teacher can then invite you to a one-on-one meeting as described in the first scenario, so by starting a Zoom meeting and inviting you to participate.
Would you like to take a look at how this works in practice? Check out this video: