Available to: Group Owners, Admins
If your group size is large, you can upload a CSV file that includes the names and emails of people that you’d like to add. Everyone on that list will be added to your group once they register and can receive an invitation email if you choose to do so.
Tip Before you invite people to your group, check out what the roles in group accounts are.
Tip Looking for other ways to invite people to your group? Check out Invite users to your group and activate their licenses to learn more.
- Create a CSV list that includes name and email headers. If you don’t have one, you can download an example one and fill it with your own data.
- Sign in at drive.explaineverything.com.
- Scroll down to the User Management section and select Invite users.
- Select Managers or Members.
- Under Upload the CSV list or import from Google Classroom, select CSV.
- Select Upload invitation list.
- Browse to the location where your CSV file is stored, select it and choose Open.
- OPTIONAL: Select the Send invitation emails checkbox if you’d like them to receive a message with an invitation link.
- Select Process to invite people from the list to your group.
- Everyone from the list will be able to sign up with their email and will be added to your group once they complete the registration. If they already had a Free account, they’ll be added immediately.
Note It’s up to the administrator to check the “I have parental consent for users invited to my group that are below 16” checkbox. Due to European GDPR rules, this consent is required from at least the administrator/parent/guardian.
Tip You can later remove people that should no longer be in your group. Update the file and before you upload it, select the Remove users not included in the .csv file option.