In Explain Everything you can invite others to join you on your whiteboard for collaborations, presentations, quick syncs, lessons, and more. If you'd like to invite someone, the project needs to be on the Explain Drive — the cloud storage of Explain Everything. The easiest way to copy your project to Explain Drive is to select the Invite icon while in the project.
Tip: Not sure about the difference between cloud and local projects? Check out Types of projects in Explain Everything.
Note: If you're on a Class or School plan you won't be able to invite people from outside your organization. This is due to school and student privacy protection. Additionally, Student accounts on these plans can only invite Admins and Teachers to their projects.
Creating with others
By default all participants of a collaboration are able to edit the contents of the project. Therefore be mindful that people with the Edit permission will be able to:
- Add new objects or modify existing ones, including those that others are working on.
- Undo their own actions.
- Navigate freely around and between slides.
Tip: Not sure who's who? Learn more about roles in collaboration.
As the Owner of the project you can control what others can and cannot do in your projects. To make sure things go according to plan you can modify:
- Project Access Permissions – to set up overarching rule for participants' ability to Edit or View the project. Here's also where you can make your project private.
- Collaboration Scenario – to control what participants are able to do and be able to quickly switch between the settings as you go.
- Participant's Interface – to limit participants' ability to use specific tools .
Note: The number of people able to collaborate simultaneously is up to 25, but we recommend smaller groups for now — it works best with 8 people. This is important to maintain project's stability. The quality of live collaboration also depends on the quality of your internet connection. We are constantly improving the technical capacity of this feature, so you can count on us gradually reducing those limits.
Recording is possible when working collaboratively, however, please remember that:
- When recording is on, new participants cannot join the session.
- The recording takes place on a single slide at a time.
- Only the Host can start recording and control the camera.
- Videos can be exported only by the Owner of the project.