If you're a Moodle Admin, you can integrate Explain Everything and Moodle LMS. This way, your organization will have instant access to features that come with the integration — the ability to create “Project Activity”, “Watch a Video”, and “Record a Video” assignments.
Note: Only Admins and Managers of Explain Everything Group Accounts can enable LMS integrations in accounts and courses. A paid Explain Everything account is necessary to be able to use Explain Everything LMS integration features.
Note: The integration is available only to Moodle's web version users.
Integration features available in Moodle LMS
Explain Everything and Moodle integration comes with the following features. One configuration enables all of them at once.
Add Explain Everything to Moodle LMS
As an Admin, you can add the Explain Everything integration to all existing and newly created Courses in your account. This way, Teachers and Students will have access to features that come with the integration.
Before you start
- Have your Integration Keys handy for copy-pasting as you'll need them during the process.
- Make sure your user role allows adding external apps. If you don't see the option of adding an app, it means your Account Admin may have disabled this permission.
- Log in to your Admin account on Moodle.
- From the Navigation drawer, select Site administration.
- Select the Plugins tab at the top.
- In the Plugins section, select Plugins overview.
- On the list, look for the External tool mod_lti plugin. If you don’t see it, you will need to install it beforehand. Learn more about the External tool plugin and its features in Moodle’s Developer Docs.
- Once found, select its Settings.
- In the Manage preconfigured tools window, select Add preconfigured tool right below the Active tab to configure the external tool.
- In the Tool name field, enter
- In the Tool URL field, copy and paste the following URL:
- In the Consumer key field, enter your Explain Everything Customer Key.
- In the Shared secret field, enter your Explain Everything Shared Secret.
- When you’re done, select the Save changes button.