If you’re a Blackboard Admin, you can integrate Explain Everything and Blackboard LMS. This way, your organization will have instant access to features that come with the integration — the ability to create “Project Activity”, “Watch a Video”, and “Record a Video” assignments.
Note: Only Admins and Managers of Explain Everything Group Accounts can enable LMS integrations in accounts and courses. A paid Explain Everything account is necessary to be able to use Explain Everything LMS integration features.
Integration features available in Blackboard LMS
Explain Everything and Blackboard integration comes with the following features. One configuration enables all of them at once.
Add Explain Everything to Blackboard LMS
As an Admin, you can add the Explain Everything integration to all existing and newly created Courses in your account. This way, Teachers and Students will have access to features that come with the integration.
Before you start
- Have your Integration Keys handy for copy-pasting as you'll need them during the process.
- Make sure your user role allows adding external apps. If you don't see the option of adding an app, it means your Account Admin may have disabled this permission.
- Log in to your Admin account on Blackboard.
- From the top Navigation Menu, select System Admin.
- Navigate to the Integrations section.
- Select LTI Tool Providers.
- Select the Register LTI 1.1 Provider tab at the top.
- In the Provider Domain Status section, in the Provider Domain field, enter
- In the Provider Domain Status section, in the Secondary Hostnames field, enter
drive.explaineverything.com. Make sure to enter one hostname per line.
- In the Default Configuration section, in the Tool Provider Key field, enter your Explain Everything Customer Key.
- In the Default Configuration section, in the Tool Provider Secret field, enter your Explain Everything Shared Secret.
- In the Institution Policies section, to the right of the Send User Data feature, check Send user data only over SSL.
- When you're done, select the Submit button to add the Explain Everything integration to all existing and newly created Courses.