Available to: Group Owners, Admins
With an MDM (Mobile Device Management) system, you can configure iPads in your organization to activate licenses on them. This way, when someone registers an account on such an iPad, they will join your group.
Once you push your MDM configuration to iPads, you’ll activate the number of licenses equal to the number of devices you distributed to. The users of these iPads will be able to access Explain Everything with all of its features immediately. Once they create their accounts, they’ll also be able to access the Explain Drive cloud for collaboration.
Tip Before you invite people to your group, check out what the roles in group accounts are.
Tip Looking for other ways to invite people to your group? Check out Invite users to your group and activate their licenses to learn more.
- In the Apps section of your MDM, search for and add the free Explain Everything Whiteboard app (not to be confused with the paid Explain Everything Basics app).
- Add the application and assign it to users in the same way you would with any other free application.
- Sign in to the purchasing account’s Explain Everything Drive profile.
- Scroll down to the Devices section and Copy the Member or Manager account CODE.
- Insert the CODE into your configuration file. You can generate an app configuration file using the AppConfig Generator tool or build it manually.
- Enable Allow users to create named accounts when generating the app configuration or set
trueif you’re building it manually.
- Push the configuration to iPads.
Note Please remember that each time someone creates an account on an activated iPad, they’ll take their license with them. This means they’ll be able to access Explain Everything from other devices using their credentials, and if they sign out from the original iPad an additional license will be added to this device from your license pool.
For your specific MDM, you can find steps for creating and adding an app configuration to push to your devices: