You may encounter this error if Explain Everything isn't able to use your computer's graphics card in order to display the contents of your canvas. The app will instead use software mode, which means some elements may not display properly.
Ways to resolve the problem
- Try using a different browser or update the one you're using
- Chrome browser – enable hardware acceleration
- Update your graphics card drivers
If none of the above methods work, this probably means that your graphics card does not support the technology required for hardware acceleration and Explain Everything will run only in software mode.
Try using a different browser or update the one you're using
Sometimes your hardware might not work properly with the browser you are using. Here's a list of links to supported browsers.
NOTE: If you are using Chrome or Opera, please try Firefox or Safari instead.
Chrome browser - enable hardware acceleration
If you are using Google Chrome, please make sure that the Use hardware acceleration when available option is enabled.
- In your Chrome browser open the ⋮ Menu next to the address bar.
- Select Settings.
- In the search field, enter "Use hardware acceleration when available"
- Set the setting to ON.
Update your graphics card drivers
Updating your graphic drivers may help you resolve the issue if the producer of the card enabled support in one of the updates. The way you do this depends on the system you are working on.
To find the video card information, follow these steps (works for all versions):
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R.
- Type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Click on the arrow next to Display Adapters.
- Your graphic card name will be displayed below.
Then, head to the video card producer's website, download the appropriate driver, and install the driver using the provided installer.
All drivers for macOS come with updates of the operating system.
- Click the Apple menu in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click App Store...
- If an update is available for your system, click Update.
All drivers for ChromeOS come with updates of the operating system. Please follow this Google Help article to update your system.