Explain Everything has an in-built scanner that lets you scan your documents and add them to your canvas. This way, you can convert paper documents you'd like to work on the canvas into digital images in a flash.
Once scanned and added, you can make annotations on the document and edit it with a full set of creative tools.
Tip: Want to add other types of files to your canvas? Learn how to add media to projects.
Scan documents and add them to your canvas
- While in a project, select Add Media from the toolbar.
- From the Insert New menu at the top, select Scan.
- The scanner will open — position it so it covers the entire document you'd like to scan.
- If you’re in the Manual mode, select the Shutter button to take your scan. If you’re in the Auto mode, your scan will be taken automatically once the scanner recognizes text. Once it’s taken, go straight to step 7.
- Once it’s taken, you can drag its corners to adjust it.
- Once you’re happy with your adjustment, select Keep Scan.
- You can add another scan(s) if you like, or select the Save button if you're done.
- If the scan you add is more than one page long, select the pages you'd like to add. Use Select all and Deselect all for quick selection.
- Choose the scan layout. You can add your scan to Separate slides or to a single slide in one of the following layouts: Grid, Stacked, Horizontal, and Vertical.
- Choose the Page locking options: select Rotation if you’d like to lock the ability to rotate pages, Scale — to lock the ability to scale pages, Horizontal — to lock the ability to move pages horizontally, Vertical — to lock the ability to move pages vertically. If you’d like to lock all the features, select All Attributes. You can unlock them later using the Context Menu.
- When you're ready, select Insert to add the scans to your canvas.
This feature is currently not available in the Android version of Explain Everything. Instead, you can take a photo of a desired file and add it to your canvas. Learn how to insert and edit images.
This feature is currently not available in the web version of Explain Everything. Instead, you can take a photo of a desired file and add it to your canvas. Learn how to insert and edit images.