Due to the technical capacity of the feature, there are some collaboration limits regarding the number of people able to collaborate simultaneously in a project, and the number of projects you can work on at the same time. They are introduced in order to maintain projects’ stability and ensure the best user experience. Some limits are also present due to differences between available plans.
The limits are divided by type and plans to better illustrate how they differ.
Number of participants
- Free, Advanced, Solo Teacher: You can collaborate with 1 other person.
- Class, School, Pro, Team: The number of people able to collaborate simultaneously is up to 25, but we guarantee the project's stability only in smaller groups — it works best with 8 people.
- Free, Solo Teacher: Your collaborative sessions have a 15-minute time limit.
- Advanced: Your collaborative sessions have a 30-minute time limit.
- Class, School: You can collaborate with no time limit with people from your group. Students can only collaborate with Teachers from their Group.
- Pro, Team: You can collaborate with no time limit with anyone.
Number of cloud projects you're participating in
- All plans: You can be in up to 5 cloud projects at once per account.
Please mind that the quality of live collaboration also depends on the quality of your internet connection.
Note: On the web version of Explain Everything, there is also an inactivity time limit for collaboration. After 15 minutes of inactivity, you’ll be asked to confirm that you’d still like to run the collaborative session. Otherwise, the collaboration will end.