There are three ways of moving projects from your iOS device to another one. Depending on your preferences, you can:
- Transfer your files automatically if you set up a new iOS device.
- Transfer projects between an iPad and your computer (using iTunes)
- Use iCloud Drive to move projects between two iOS devices.
Tip If your Explain Everything projects are cloud, you can access them from any device — you just need to be signed in with the same account and have Internet access. Cloud projects can be found in your Drive Library. Learn how to save a project in Explain Drive.
Transfer your files automatically if you set up a new iOS device
If you have a new iPad or iPhone and want to set it up automatically, you can migrate your files three different ways:
- Using Quick Start.
- With iCloud.
- By restoring them from your last iCloud backup.
To choose one of these methods, follow this Apple Support article.
Note If you choose transferring your data with iCloud make sure to back up your projects accordingly.
Transfer projects between an iPad and your computer
You can move your Explain Everything projects between iOS devices with iTunes. This is the right solution if you don’t have any space in iCloud.
To use this method, follow the steps listed in this article.
Use iCloud Drive to move projects between two iOS devices
You can move your Explain Everything projects to iCloud Drive and then bulk save them on the local library in the Explain Everything application. All you need is Internet access on both devices and enough space in iCloud Drive. Please remember to use the same Apple ID, too.
This way is also good if you don’t want to move all of your projects.
Find your local Explain Everything folder on iPad
Before switching to a new device, you should localize your projects in order to move them to iCloud Drive properly later. Projects are automatically saved in the Explain Everything application folder that can be found in Locations in Files.
- Open the Files app on your iPad.
- Tap on the three dot menu and select Edit Sidebar.
- Toggle on Explain Everything until you can see the local folder with projects in Locations.
Move the projects to iCloud Drive
When you know where your local Explain Everything projects are located you can move them to the iCloud Drive and gain access to them from any other devices connected to your iCloud.
- Go to the Explain Everything folder in Locations.
- Choose Select All if you wish to move all your projects. Make sure that all files other than projects (.xplain) are unselected. Swipe down or from left to right to select only chosen projects.
- Select Move.
- Choose iCloud Drive.
- Select the New Folder icon, type a name and select Done.
- Select Copy to place your projects in iCloud Drive.
Access your projects on a new iOS device
Make sure that you’re signed in with the same Apple ID on your new device and that you have Internet access. You should also have the Explain Everything application installed. Remember to sign in to it with the same account used on the other device.
On your iOS device:
- Open the Files app.
- Select iCloud Drive in Locations and tap the folder.
- Tap Select and choose Select All.
- Select Move.
- Choose On My iPad and select the Explain Everything folder.
- Select Copy.
On the Explain Everything app:
- Select + New Project.
- Choose Files.
- Select iTunes File Sharing.
- Tap to select all of the projects that you want to save in your local Library.
- Finish the action by selecting Import. Projects are now in your Explain Everything Library.