Available to: Group Account Admins
As an Admin of a Group Account, you can decide about the security settings and integration possibilities for the Members of your Group.
- Customize security and integration settings — administer parental controls, manage the ability to create accounts, set up a password for the in-app web browser, restrict feature access, and choose import and export destinations.
- Deploy your settings — control your configuration, and restore the settings to their defaults if needed.
Customize security and integration settings
In order to customize the default app settings, follow the steps:
- Sign in to your account on Explain Drive.
- Select your name in the upper-right corner and choose My Account.
- Scroll down to the App Configuration section and select Configure.
- Select the Security & Integration section at the very bottom of your screen.
- Customize the settings for the Members of your Group. Use the toggles to disable or enable them.
You can customize the following settings:
- Parental gate — set a parental gate that restricts children under 13 access to external sources. When this is set to ON, a user will have to confirm their age before logging into external sources and solve a small puzzle. This setting applies only to the native Explain Everything apps downloaded from the App Store and Google Play; it does not apply to the web version of Explain Everything.
- Account Creation — enable creating Explain Drive accounts on iOS devices registered via MDM and Android devices activated with a Device CODE.
- Require browser password — control access to the in-app web browser via the New Browser option in the Add Media menu. Enable the switch and create a 4-digit passcode to lock the option. This passcode is needed to unlock access to the in-app web browser. This setting applies only to the native Explain Everything apps downloaded from the App Store and Google Play; it does not apply to the web version of Explain Everything.
- Disable voice chat — lock the ability to talk to each other and hear one another in collaboration for the Members of your Group.
- Invite only Managers and Admins — if you want Members of your Group to be able to invite to their projects only Managers and Admins from your Group, set this option to ON.
- Import/Export Destinations — choose which sources will appear in the app Settings -> Integration tab. Mind that if you set the Drive option to OFF, you will disable the Explain Drive functionality: you won’t have access to cloud projects and be able to collaborate. This setting applies only to the native Explain Everything apps downloaded from the App Store and Google Play; it does not apply to the web version of Explain Everything.
Deploy your settings
Control your settings by choosing one of the options:
- Deploy Settings — save the current scheme and deploy settings to all users. Internet access is required for users to receive updated settings.
- Discard all changes — discard all changes made recently and bring back the most recently deployed settings
- Save — save the current scheme for later deployment.
- Reset — discard all changes and bring back settings to their defaults.
Each section has its own Save and Discard buttons to let you manage changes just in that section.