Available to: Group Account Admins
As an Admin of a Group Account, you can control security settings and integration possibilities for the Students and Members of your Group.
Integration and security basics
- Customize security and integration settings — administer parental controls, manage the ability to create accounts, set up a password for the in-app web browser, decide about data analytics in mobile apps, set ad hoc collaborations on iOS devices, restrict access to selected features, and choose import and export destinations.
- Deploy your settings — control your configuration, and restore the settings to their defaults if needed.
Tip: Looking for more information on how to change the default app settings in your Group? Learn how to restrict feature access for your Group Students/Members and how to customize colors and fonts for your Group.
Customize security and integration settings
In order to customize the default app settings, follow the steps:
- Sign in at drive.explaineverything.com.
- Scroll down to the App Configuration section and select Configure.
- At the very bottom of your screen, select the Security & Integration section.
- Customize the settings for the Students/Members of your Group. Use the toggles to disable or enable them.
You can customize the following settings:
- Parental gate — set a parental gate that restricts children under 13 access to external sources. When this is set to ON, a user will have to confirm their age before logging into external sources and solve a small puzzle. This setting applies only to the native Explain Everything apps downloaded from the App Store and Google Play; it does not apply to the web version of Explain Everything.
- Account Creation — enable creating Explain Drive accounts on iOS devices registered via MDM and Android devices activated with a Device CODE.
- Require browser password — control access to the in-app web browser via the New Browser option in the Add Media menu. Enable the switch and create a 4-digit passcode to lock the option. This passcode is needed to unlock access to the in-app web browser. This setting applies only to the native Explain Everything apps downloaded from the App Store and Google Play; it does not apply to the web version of Explain Everything.
- Analytics reporting — decide whether the application's data analytics are sent to Explain Everything. The analytics provide anonymous information on the application’s usage and help us to monitor the application's performance. If you set this to ON, we'll be able to help you troubleshoot your problems with the application's functioning if you experience them. You will also receive reports on the application’s usage in your Group upon request. If you disable this, you won't receive the reports, and we may not be able to help you out with locating and resolving technical issues if they occur.
- Ad hoc Collaboration instead of Cloud projects (iOS only) — enable an ad hoc collaboration on iOS devices if there are conditions that forbid your organization from sending your data through external servers. With this set to ON, the devices in your group will only be able to connect to each other during collaboration. It will take place without connecting to Explain Everything servers. The collaborative projects won't be saved in the cloud and data won’t be sent anywhere except the connected devices. Once the collaboration ends, the session's participants will be able to save a copy of the project locally on their devices. This also means you won't have access to cloud projects; however, you'll be able to join them with the CODE. To block it, disable the Explain Drive feature in the Import/Export Destinations.
- Can't use voice chat — lock the ability to talk to each other and hear one another in collaboration for the Students/Members of your Group.
- Invite only Managers and Admins — if you'd like Students/Members of your Group to be able to invite to their projects only Managers and Admins from your Group, set this option to ON. This is enabled by default in Class and School plans and cannot be changed on them.
- Can’t create Web Video Links — decide about Students'/Members’ ability to create Web Video Links. If you set this option to ON, Students/Members of your Group won’t be able to create Web Video Links.
- Import/Export Destinations — choose which sources will appear in the app Settings -> Integration tab. Mind that if you set the Drive option to OFF, you will disable the Explain Drive functionality: you won’t have access to cloud projects and be able to collaborate. This setting applies only to the native Explain Everything apps downloaded from the App Store and Google Play; it does not apply to the web version of Explain Everything.
Deploy your settings
Control your settings by choosing one of the options:
- Deploy Settings — save the current scheme and deploy settings to all users. Internet access is required for users to receive updated settings.
- Discard all changes — discard all changes made recently and bring back the most recently deployed settings
- Save — save the current scheme for later deployment.
- Reset — discard all changes and bring back settings to their defaults.
Each section has its own Save and Discard buttons to let you manage changes just in that section.
Note: To apply the changes, you need to sign out and sign in to your Admin account.